• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stuttgart restaurants

Hello,

I was wondering where might be recommended for some great restaurants in Stuttgart. I'll have 2 evenings free there in April. It does not have to be of any particular type of food but I do generally go for restaurants that source local ingredients whether they are used traditionally or not.

Thanks!

Hello,

I was wondering where might be recommended for some great restaurants in Stuttgart. I'll have 2 evenings free there in April. It does not have to be of any particular type of food but I do generally go for restaurants that source local ingredients whether they are used traditionally or not.

Thanks!

I'll recommend Chef Klink

H.B. aka "Legourmet"

If you are staying central, try the Zirbelstube in the Hotel am Schlossgarten. Very nice wood panelled room, cuisine with mediterranean influences and strong on fish. Is a candidate for a second Michelin star. Outstanding (female) sommelier with a depth of knowledge and always exactly the best matching wine by the glass.

If you have time for a little excursion, try the Speisemeisterei in Stuttgart-Hohenheim (in an annex to the Schloss). This is one of the Top 10 restaurants in Germany and it shows. A real treat, unfortunately quite far away from downtown, but fairly close to the airport.

Vincent Klink is certainly not bad but the two above mentioned addresses beat his Wielandshoehe in my opinion.

I feel badly all my compendium activity has driven your thread way down, so hopefully this will resurrect it and generate some responses. A quick look at the Michelin site reveals 3 one star places an one smiley face Bibendum which is good news indeed. They are:

Zirbelstube 4 knives/forks one star, mentioned by ameiden

Olivo 3 knife/forks one star

Délice 2 knife/forks one star

Wörtz zur Weinsteige 2 knife/forks and a smiley face Bibendum

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

I feel badly all my compendium activity has driven your thread way down, so hopefully this will resurrect it and generate some responses.  A quick look at the Michelin site reveals 3 one star places an one smiley face Bibendum which is good news indeed.  They are:

Zirbelstube 4 knives/forks one star, mentioned by ameiden

Olivo 3 knife/forks one star

Délice 2 knife/forks one star

Wörtz zur Weinsteige 2 knife/forks and a smiley face Bibendum

This list is not quite complete. The restaurants

Top Air (inside Stuttgart Airport)

Zum Hirschen (in Fellbach)

Breitenbach

Wielandshöhe (the above mentioned chef Klink)

all have a single Michelin star, too.

The above mentioned Speisemeisterei has of course two Michelin stars.

This list is not quite complete. The restaurants

Top Air (inside Stuttgart Airport)

Zum Hirschen (in Fellbach)

Breitenbach

Wielandshöhe (the above mentioned chef Klink)

all have a single Michelin star, too.

The above mentioned Speisemeisterei has of course two Michelin stars.

That's very interesting because the website only listed those in town. The print version must make the suburban ones easier to find.

John Talbott

Strange. If you type in Stuttgart and tick the box with the Michelin star, you get them all (and then some in the near area).

I'm not sure we should be taking up all this time & space discussing it but it shows the difference between searching by town only vs asking for stars or Bibs. I guess it's valuable for the future.

John Talbott