• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Bentley

Bentley

I've read through a lot of threads on the forum about airbrushes, most of which are quite old.  I am curious if there are any changes in recommended airbrushes.  I am not sure what the difference practically speaking between a gravity fed and siphon/bottle fed brush and which is best for spraying chocolate molds. There's also double action vs single action.  I've been looking at the Badger 105 line as well as the Badger 100LG line.  There is also a badger 250 line which is siphon fed and was popular on the forum at least as of a few years ago.  Then there is the POwermate HVLP spray gun at Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Powermate-3-Piece-HVLP-Gravity-Feed-Spray-Gun-Kit-010-0029CT/202591393).  Sounds like people like the HVLP guns because they avoid a lot of overspray.  No idea which to choose.

Bentley

Bentley

I've read through a lot of threads on the forum about airbrushes, most of which are quite old.  I am curious if there are any changes in recommended airbrushes.  I am not sure what the difference practically speaking between a gravity fed and siphon/bottle fed brush and which is best for spraying chocolate molds. There's also double action vs single action.  I've been looking at the Badger 105 line as well as the Badger 100LG line.  There is also a badger 250 line which is siphon fed and was popular on the forum at least as of a few years ago.  Then there is the POwermate HVLP spray gun at Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Powermate-3-Piece-HVLP-Gravity-Feed-Spray-Gun-Kit-010-0029CT/202591393).  No idea which to choose.

Bentley

Bentley

I've read through a lot of threads on the forum about airbrushes, most of which are quite old.  I am curious if there are any changes in recommended airbrushes.  I am not sure what the difference practically speaking between a gravity fed and siphon/bottle fed brush and which is best for spraying chocolate molds. I've been looking at the Badger 105 line as well as the Badger 100LG line.  There is also a badger 250 line which is siphon fed and was popular on the forum at least as of a few years ago.

Bentley

Bentley

I've read through a lot of threads on the forum about airbrushes, most of which are quite old.  I am curious if there are any changes in recommended airbrushes.  I am not sure what the difference practically speaking between a gravity fed and siphon/bottle fed brush and which is best for spraying chocolate molds. I've been looking at the Badger 105 line as well as the Badger 100LG line.  

Bentley

Bentley

I've read through a lot of threads on the forum about airbrushes, most of which are quite old.  I am curious if there are any changes in recommended airbrushes.  I am not sure what the difference practically speaking between a gravity fed and siphon/bottle fed brush and which is best for spraying chocolate molds. I've been looking at the Badger 105 line as well as the Badger 105LG line.  

Bentley

Bentley

I've read through a lot of threads on the forum about airbrushes.  most are quite old.  I am curious if there are any changes in recommended airbrushes.  I am not sure what the difference practically speaking between a gravity fed and siphon/bottle fed brush and which is best for spraying chocolate molds. I've been looking at the Badger 105 line as well as the Badger 105LG line.