• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

American Wine Blog Awards

Rebel Rose

Finalists in the first annual American Wine Blog Awards competition have been announced.

Finalists in each category were chosen from over 600 nominations by a panel of judges selected for their knowledge of the wine industry and wine journalism.

Winners will be decided by online voting.

Three eGullet members have been selected as finalists in the competition:

Craig Camp for Wine Camp

Mary Baker for Dover Canyon Winery

Josh (pinotblogger) for Pinotblogger

Also former eGullet Q&A guest Eric Asimov of the NYTimes for his blog, The Pour.

The American Wine Blog Awards are conducted by Tom Wark, proprietor of “FERMENTATION: The Daily Wine Blog”. Wark instituted the Awards to draw attention to the high caliber of content and ideas being produced on the more than 400 wine blogs that now exist on the Internet.

“Anyone who looks over the Awards finalists will discover there is enormous talent and dedication in the wine blogosphere,” noted Wark. “What we are seeing is a renaissance of the wine writing genre being spurred on by citizen wine writers and the blogging format.”

Go to the Fermentation website to vote. Voting ends Friday, February 16, 2007.

gallery_17061_225_27552.jpg

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

We had a very lively discussion last May on the merits (and lack thereof) of wine blogging, Wine Blogging Comes of Age.

I think I'll resurrect that thread! Let's continue the discussion on wine blogging/writing in general in the above thread, and discuss the merits (or lack thereof) of specific finalists, and comments on the competition itself, in this thread.

Cheers!

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

• 1 month later...