• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mixed drinks with honey

FrogPrincesse

Continuing with Daiquiri variations, there is also the Bumble Bee with aged rum, lime juice, honey syrup, and egg white.

7417660128_93df066a7b_z.jpg

Very smooth and pleasant. It would be fun to try it again with a different rum; I am thinking Smith & Cross for example.

As a side note, it looks like I may be missing an orange peel and Angostura garnish there. I am not sure if it is intentional or not, but the version in the Bartender's Choice app that I was using did not have it.

The Brooklynite: Jamaican rum, lime juice, honey syrup, angostura bitters. Similar to the Captain's Blood but with honey syrup instead of simple.

7491505540_dec1ebd8a9_z.jpg

It feels a little lighter than the Captain's Blood, with a slight fruit flavor from the honey.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember Roz Russell in Auntie Mame, with Jim Backus as the jumped up potential

FIL? He "always put honey in my dacquiris!" and the "cool kids" mocked him about it. How "cool"has changed!

:wink:

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

• 2 months later...

Last week I tried the Bee Sting, a simple Bee's Knee variation with reposado tequila and a muddled jalapeño slice, lemon juice and honey syrup.

8081428769_8806afc960_z.jpg

Straighforward but hits the mark. It's fresh with a touch of heat.

• 1 month later...

Alex Day's Jalisco Trail from the now-closed Allen and Delancey was a great honey cocktail, never got the recipe but this is what I approximated after having it at the restaurant.

2 blanco tequila

.75 lime

.5 acacia honey syrup

dash or two of Angostura

Shake, strain into a coupe rinsed with Luxardo Bitter (or Campari, which is what I used). Even if this wasn't the exact recipe it is pretty tasty.

This cocktail looks good.

If you are still looking for the exact recipe, it was posted a while back in another thread (see below).

I really like the lux. bitter as an accent. Currently using it at Allen and Delancey in a house cocktail:

Jalisco Trail no. 1

2 oz Herradura Silver

0.75 oz accacia honey syrup (2:1)

0.75 oz lime juice

1 dash angostura

rinse cocktail glass w/ luxardo bitter.

i generally explain luxardo as a midpoint between aperol and campari -- as far as bitterness.

Edited by FrogPrincesse (log)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Alex Day's Jalisco Trail from the now-closed Allen and Delancey was a great honey cocktail, never got the recipe but this is what I approximated after having it at the restaurant.

2 blanco tequila

.75 lime

.5 acacia honey syrup

dash or two of Angostura

Shake, strain into a coupe rinsed with Luxardo Bitter (or Campari, which is what I used). Even if this wasn't the exact recipe it is pretty tasty.

The Bartender's Choice app has something similar without the Luxardo Bitter/Campari rinse and that's what I had last night. Great way to enjoy a good tequila.

Juschu cocktail

2 oz Siete Leguas tequila blanco

3/4 oz lime juice

1/2 oz eucalyptus honey syrup (reduced from 3/4)

2 dashes Angostura bitters.

15327196364_695dc0db78_z.jpg

I am wondering what other types of bitters may work well in that cocktail.

• 1 month later...

Hello- I know of a person who makes a ku ding ( the literal translation of this plant is "bitter nails") infused vodka. I mix it with butter and honey syrup then heat it. :smile:  :smile::smile:  

"As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex.Except for salami and eggs...Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced"--Alan King (1927-2004)