• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ideas for recent mom with twins...

carpetbagger, esq.

hola!

my gf's sister just had premature twins, and my gf is planning on heading down to visit her for a week or so. she was looking to prepare some things that her sister could freeze and reheat easily. as one would imagine, she's got her hands full with the little ones. there's only one catch - the man of the house will not eat cheese - so lasagna, enchiladas, etc. are out.

i would appreciate any ideas y'all have.

thanks!

hola!

my gf's sister just had premature twins, and my gf is planning on heading down to visit her for a week or so. she was looking to prepare some things that her sister could freeze and reheat easily. as one would imagine, she's got her hands full with the little ones. there's only one catch - the man of the house will not eat cheese - so lasagna, enchiladas, etc. are out.

i would appreciate any ideas y'all have.

thanks!

There've been several threads on similar topics before, now merged as Stocking the Freezer.

Soups and stews freeze very well, as does chili and curry. For easy thawing & reheating, freeze in 1 or 2 serving portions. Cooked rice also freezes well (sprinkle the top with a few drops of water, cover loosely, and reheat in the microwave).

SuzySushi

"She sells shiso by the seashore."

My eGullet Foodblog: A Tropical Christmas in the Suburbs