• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Joel Robuchon coming to Chicago (L'Atelier?)

It is defentliy going to be an L'Atelier and it will not be in the Trump building(that is for ducasse, deal is signed with Trump!!!!) $ amount does not matter in Chicago for Robuchon.....it is a universal concept! We all know it will be expensive, great, and worth every penny!

Grapevine told me that the Ducasse deal is off - fell flat. No Ducasse at Trump.

Edited by ulterior epicure (log)

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Word is that the main property Robuchon is considering is the Four Seasons. I think it makes sense considering his affiliation in N.Y. I understand that The Four Seasons is going to undergo a massive rennovation project. I also heard that it will be an L'Atelier. All this information comes from a pretty good source.

You don't need to fortell the future with what to expect from Robuchon..$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and pungstick is correct about the location....I know both executive chefs and this is coming form both of them and other management as well!! As far as the Ducasse thing...I got confirmation from a reliable source that it is a go in Trump building with Ducasse. It will be a fine dining place, similar to what Jean-Georges is in NY?