• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cigarette paste

Pallee

So I am trying my first recipe from the book - Desserts and Pastries. It's the Chocolate Cream in a chocolate cigarette paste with lots of other fillings.

There's a problem with the recipe for the chocolate cream - WAY too much sugar unless he meant unsweetened chocolate where he calls for dark chocolate coverture. But my question is about the cigarette paste.

Recipe says it makes 10 servings and the amount of cigarette paste must be enough for 20 at least, unless I'm spreading it too thin. I made a test piece and it seems thick enough. I made the test piece with the paste still warm and have the rest in the refrigerator to use tomorrow.

Do I need to bring it to room temp to use it or use it straight from the refrigerator?