• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rye Pasta

Daniel

I was wondering if it was possible to make a rye pasta.. Or maybe like a rye spaetzle.. So you can do a rye pasta with pastrami and a mustard sauce.. It might be disgusting tomorrow, but I think I would eat it in a few beers from now. Maybe a cold herring salad with rye noodles. Or how about like a rye lasagna where you have deli things in between.. A turkey and cheese rye lasagna? Stop me when you start to feel sick..

Edited by Daniel (log)

I was wondering if it was possible to make a rye pasta.. Or maybe like a rye spaetzle.. So you can do a rye pasta with pastrami and a mustard sauce.. It might be disgusting tomorrow, but I think I would eat it in a few beers from now. Maybe a cold herring salad with rye noodles. Or how about like a rye lasagna where you have deli things in between.. A turkey and cheese rye lasagna? Stop me when you start to feel sick..

I admit the concept may not seem as attractive early in the morning, but you can make rye pasta by using about 25% rye or spelt with a tough flour like duram to make up for the lack of gluten.

The rye lasgne noodle sounds good. Ham & Swiss Lasagne maybe?

SB :wink:

reuben lasagna! layer of rye pasta, layer of kraut, layer of corned beef, shredded swiss...

i can't figure out if i'm making myself kind of nauseated just thinking about it, or if this is a really good idea.

Edited by mrbigjas (log)