• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Reed's Sour Cherry Candy Rolls

harlanturk

Does anyone know where to find/purchase "REEDS' SOUR CHERRY CANDY ROLLS"?

The Chicago based The Reed Candy Company was once bought out by Amurol Confections (Big League Chew, Bubble Tape), which was then aquired by Wrigley's.

Michael Harlan Turkell, PHOTOGRAPHER

"BACK OF THE HOUSE" Project, www.harlanturk.com , PLOG: harlanturk.blogspot.com

By Googling the name of the candy, I discovered you may be out of luck.

According to this website the company has stopped making them. The Old Time Candy website has them listed on their "Discontinued" page.

From the Google search results, there were some nostalgia candy websites selling gift baskets containing something generically called "Reeds Candy Rolls" which could be anything from butterscotch, root beer, etc. But they weren't selling the individual rolls.

You may have to email those nostalgia candy websites individually to see if they sell the specific flavor you're looking for.

Good luck.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver