• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help for this Sunday

Deldino

mela and kailash.

kailash is indian and thai.  not fusion, but two separate menus.  i find mela to be a bit better.  both are BYOB.

Thanks Tommy - I think we are going to order take out as they have a 2 year old -- but I have the BYOB at home --

I think Mela it is - I will check out their menu. The only thing that ever worries me about Indian food is sometimes it can be quite greasy.

Thanks again.

i don't know that indian food is often greasy.  you should be fine.  if you don't like oil, avoid fried foods.  otherwise indian recipes use ghee, and it's generally well-incorporated into the sauces.

Of course all the good things in life are fried, like the samosas and pakora- I think I will skip the appetizers and stick to the entrees.

I think I am going to get the BIRYANI - though the CHICKEN VINDALOO sounds tasty also.

We are partial to Kalish on Oak Street - however, Mela (Ridgewood Ave) has a tasty Buffet on Sundays.

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler