• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

@Margaret Pilgrim if your dental team is in the SF bay area I could definitely visit twice annually. I do see my dentist 4 times a year. I am diligent about that and had a very traumatic experience with my pediatric dentist. I just have shit luck and I grind my jaw, you name it I’ve done it. 

I don’t like scotch; I actually avoid liquors. I may have to make an exception and mix some vodka with V8 or La Croix. 

I can get by easily on very little food (although I’m eating nachos right now because... I still can!) so even bouillon cubes in mugs can make a decent dinner for me. 

It’s not just the scaling, it’s the novacain that goes with it plus holding my child sized jaw open for over an hour that makes food difficult. 

I have a hand blender that works well but probably won’t have the energy to be in the kitchen. Maybe I’ll get a Panera bread bowl delivered depending on what soup they have tomorrow. 

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes! 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

@Margaret Pilgrim if your dental team is in the SF bag area I could definitely visit twice annually. I do see my dentist 4 times a year. I am diligent about that and had a very traumatic experience with my pediatric dentist. I just have shit luck and I grind my jaw, you name it I’ve done it. 

I don’t like scotch; I actually avoid liquors. I may have to make an exception and mix some vodka with V8 or La Croix. 

I can get by easily on very little food (although I’m eating nachos right now because... I still can!) so even bouillon cubes in mugs can make a decent dinner for me. 

It’s not just the scaling, it’s the novacain that goes with it plus holding my child sized jaw open for over an hour that makes food difficult. 

I have a hand blender that works well but probably won’t have the energy to be in the kitchen. Maybe I’ll get a Panera bread bowl delivered depending on what soup they have tomorrow. 

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes!