• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

barclay prime summer bbq promo

katbert

Ok, I just wanted this topic to show up briefly beside the 100% vegan for Horizon Cafe. Anyway, this out of the (IN) Center City email newsletter:

"Barclay Prime, Center City's boutique steakhouse, is now offering guests the opportunity to bring the award-winning restaurant home for the ultimate backyard cookout, with the Barclay Prime Deluxe Grilling Package. The package, priced at $7,500, includes dinner for 10 with their award winning steaks, appetizers, salads, sides and desserts, plus a Viking 30" stainless steel premium gas grill. Barclay Prime's chef will deliver each package and christen the grill by preparing the dinner. Already have your own grill? In addition to the deluxe grilling package, they are also offering 3 Cookouts to Go priced at $150 for two people, $250 for four and $350 for six. Each Cookout to Go includes appetizers, salads, steaks, sides and pie and is adjusted to the number of people per package. It comes in a soft cooler packed with ice and is available for pick-up with in 24 hours of ordering."

Ok, I just wanted this topic to show up briefly beside the 100% vegan for Horizon Cafe. Anyway, this out of the (IN) Center City email newsletter:

"Barclay Prime, Center City's boutique steakhouse, is now offering guests the opportunity to bring the award-winning restaurant home for the ultimate backyard cookout, with the Barclay Prime Deluxe Grilling Package. The package, priced at $7,500, includes dinner for 10 with their award winning steaks, appetizers, salads, sides and desserts, plus a Viking 30" stainless steel premium gas grill. Barclay Prime's chef will deliver each package and christen the grill by preparing the dinner. Already have your own grill? In addition to the deluxe grilling package, they are also offering 3 Cookouts to Go priced at $150 for two people, $250 for four and $350 for six. Each Cookout to Go includes appetizers, salads, steaks, sides and pie and is adjusted to the number of people per package. It comes in a soft cooler packed with ice and is available for pick-up with in 24 hours of ordering."

Great PR for them, and a pretty good brand extension.

Who puts out that newsletter?

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Center City District. If you entered the "win $X in restaurant gift certificates" promo, or whatever it was, during Restaurant Week, you're on their IN Center City mailing list.

Center City District. If you entered the "win $X in restaurant gift certificates" promo, or whatever it was, during Restaurant Week, you're on their IN Center City mailing list.

And if you didn't enter the promo, you can sign up here

Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

... the Barclay Prime Deluxe Grilling Package. The package, priced at $7,500, includes dinner for 10 with their award winning steaks, appetizers, salads, sides and desserts, plus a Viking 30" stainless steel premium gas grill. Barclay Prime's chef will deliver each package and christen the grill by preparing the dinner.

Come on, we can get 10 of us together at $750 a head for this can't we?!?! It'd be a great steak, and some sides, and then we can arm-wrestle over who gets to keep the grill. Who's in?!!? Hello? Anybody?

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

Translation : We are doing no business in the summer.

An act of desperation disguised as a clever promotion.

cant say I blame them, there are actually just enough dumb Philadelphians who eat up these "promotions"

The only reason anyone would buy that $7500 package is because thier last name is Dumas.

First of all, a viking stainless steel premium gas grill lists for $1100 which means it will actually sell for cheaper.

With the rest of your $6400..

You can buy a round trip ticket from Philadelphia to Tokyo Via Los Angeles, take a boat to Matsuzaka and buy an entire bone in ribeye of the worlds best beef, ship it fedex overnight and still have $3000 to spare.

Alternately, you can just buy the grill and just go to Gachot and Gachot in New York and buy the same steaks for $200 and spend the remaining $6300 on the side dishes.

Do they really think people are that stupid ?

The only reason anyone would buy that $7500 package is because thier last name is Dumas.

i'm pretty sure you're allowed to say dumbass on here. i know i try to on a daily basis.

but really, i can't imagine paying that for this. as i said in the "waiting for restaurants" thread, i try not to judge, but seriously, why don't people just give their money to me instead? i have several more places to eat out before this kid shows up, and time is running short!

Edited by mrbigjas (log)

Do they really think people are that stupid ?

Apparently, the answer is a resounding YES!!

And that's Doo-mass like the author, not DUMBASS, no? :wink:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol