• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

restaurant in Kelowna

I had a wonderful meal in Kelowna last September with a chef friend of mine who lives and works in the region.He took my wife and I to an interesting little place attatched to a liquor shop called Waterfront Wines.

Does anyone know if this restaurant still operates?I was amazed by the quality of the food and service.Especially as the only staff working on the night were one chef and another guy who did the bar and the floor all by himself.

I was looking for their website and hopefully a menu from them to recall the beautiful food we shared that night.

Can anybody help me with this information?

I've been working on a long term project up here for the past few months and have posted about some of my eating experiences. I love the Waterfront also - I think it is the best spot in Kelowna right now. The specifics were posted here.

If you make a return trip to the Okanagan you will find lots of places to choose from.

I was looking for their website and hopefully a menu from them to recall the beautiful food we shared that night.

Hope you don't mind a Midwesterner hijacking your topic, but I had bookmarked their website for our trip in August! :smile:

http://www.waterfrontwines.com/index.html

"Many people believe the names of In 'n Out and Steak 'n Shake perfectly describe the contrast in bedroom techniques between the coast and the heartland." ~Roger Ebert

Kelowna restaurants - Waterfront is great for tapas - Fresco - Bouchon - Bohemian Bagel for casual lunch - Hotel Eldorado for a great Sunday brunch lakeside.

I've heard good things about the Yellow House but my experiences have not been good there.

Gastronomista

Just a caveat - the menu on their website seems out of date.  They are serving a colder weather menu (though it has been really warm here in the past few days).  Still delicious though.

Thanks for the links .Shall check it out.When we were there we had a very juicy and flavoursome flat iron steak and the hand cut potato chips with aioli.Those plates really stood out for me.Though all of the food was top notch.Sharing was a great option for all of us as we could try a good selection of the chef's food.

We went on a quiet night and the music was really cool too.As was the DVD playing in the background of a very funny movie called"The Party"

Hope you don't mind a Midwesterner hijacking your topic, but I had bookmarked their website for our trip in August! :smile:

http://www.waterfrontwines.com/index.html

Thanks for the link.I had saved the newsletter upon returning from our trip but somehow did not save the menu.It is saved now though.