• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MisterKrazee

MisterKrazee

Added more info...

The best rabbit I've ever made was marinated with a Jerk seasoning blend and grilled in pieces.  I get the blend from a local shop that specializes in spices. Mix the spices with olive oil, soy sauce,vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice. So much acid. I usually let it sit around 8 hours. 

If grilling, use of a meat thermometer is highly recommended to prevent overcooking. I also take the belly skin flap and wrap each little loin. Helps keep the loin meat from cooking too fast. That's assuming you're deboning the midsection, which can be quite tricky.

I've always found rabbit to be a rich meat that I can't eat too much of in one sitting. I've fed 3 people on a single rabbit several times, although there were always plenty of sides. 

MisterKrazee

MisterKrazee

The best rabbit I've ever made was marinated with a Jerk seasoning blend and grilled in pieces.  I get the blend from a local shop that specializes in spices. Mix the spices with olive oil, soy sauce,vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice. So much acid. I usually let it sit around 8 hours. 

If grilling, use of a meat thermometer is highly recommended to prevent overcooking. I also take the belly skin flap and wrap each little loin. Helps keep the loin meat from cooking too fast. That's assuming you're deboning the midsection, which can be quite tricky.