• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Insanity? Diets with Fewer Veggies & Fruits

You're not listening. "Long term" = "slow going". It just does, and there's no way round that. Fast weight loss and rebound go together like the chocolate and peanut butter you'll be binging on in your deprived state.

I completely agree. It would be irresponsible for anyone to encourage you to crash diet, which is what you seem to be asking about. Do that once or twice, and your body just won't want to play any more. I have friends who pretty much cannot lose weight because they have been yo-yo dieters. Drastic dieting also, in my opinion, screws a person up mentally. You may feel crabby or you may feel euphoric; either way, you are in danger of winding up in eating disorder territory. Much better to get some dieting momentum and then step up your exercise.