• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In search of a good new Bar

sadistick

Let me begin by stating that I have been to my fair share of Bars in the city, and am in need of something fun and new.

I am looking for a place for this Thurs, preferably not all the way downtown...It can be a bar, or a bar/lounge, but some place that has some seating available, and a good selection of fun drinks for the ladies, and a variety of beers etc...some good food wouldnt hurt either, but it isnt necessary.

Lets hear some suggestions, and thanks in advance!

I'd love to give you some suggestions but I feel that Toronto is SORELY lacking decent pubs/bars...

I spend most of my time at the Communist's Daughter, The Crooked Star, the Beaconsfield or The Spoke ... but I'm pretty sure those are not what you are looking for!

"nil illigitimum carborundum"

More or less, yes.

Although the Spoke is something altogether different... but remember it is a private club.

www.thespokeclub.com

Paul Boehmer (ex of Ultra/Opus/Atlas) is the exec chef.

I go to Bymark and sit upstairs. Not because of the place but because they have some good cocktails (usually triples). Two and its time to go home and usually well before 10. Other than that it is a nice bottle of wine at home. I do not go to Bymark often and only when I am craving a drink that no matter how hard I try I can never mix things that well.

officially left egullet....

Yes... I like the Paddock.

But the Communist's Daughter wins hands down in my world.

All my friends from the UK love it too (when they come to visit).

And they make their own pickled eggs there!

Edited by Nondoctor (log)