• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Roasted Bone Marrow Info

BarbaraY

Recently there was a posting that told of eating roasted bone marrow on croutes. I ran a search but can't find it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would truly appreciate it.

I have the marrow bones but don't remember how she prepared it.

I followed Fergus Henderson's recipe in my recent Foodblog:

click here

I didn't really include the recipe, but he's not very precise either. The bones will take about 40 minutes at 400 degrees to roast. I take them out when they just start oozing a little of the marrow.

For about a cup (packed) of coarsely chopped parsley, I used a tablespoon of capers, a heaping tablespoon of sliced shallots, the juice of a half a lemon and probably a tablespoon or so of olive oil.

I followed Fergus Henderson's recipe in my recent Foodblog:

click here

I didn't really include the recipe, but he's not very precise either. The bones will take about 40 minutes at 400 degrees to roast. I take them out when they just start oozing a little of the marrow.

For about a cup (packed) of coarsely chopped parsley, I used a tablespoon of capers, a heaping tablespoon of sliced shallots, the juice of a half a lemon and probably a tablespoon or so of olive oil.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I thought it was a blog but I couldn't find it. It just sounds too good to pass up, espcially since they had really nice marrow bones for a change.

Could it be that we really are getting civilization?