• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SweetSymphonybyM

SweetSymphonybyM

9 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

@SweetSymphonybyM, after you get used to your new system and if you really get into spraying molds (and how could you not after all this research and investment?), you might want to consider a heat source to keep cocoa butter flowing through the airbrush.  There is a lot of info on that, and I think each of us might have his or her own favorite device.  So if you find yourself becoming frustrated by how often you have to heat up the brush, get back in touch. 

I have this melter https://www.tcfsales.com/products/248-chocolate-melter-6kg-mol-dart/ and a heat gun. Would the melter work or would it heat the gun disproportionately on one side? If so, I can always put it on a towel in the oven on proof setting with the air circulating to heat it evenly...

I like the idea of using a plastic heat pad, as in one of the Grex videos, but all the ones I've been able to find are covered in cloth.

SweetSymphonybyM

SweetSymphonybyM

3 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

@SweetSymphonybyM, after you get used to your new system and if you really get into spraying molds (and how could you not after all this research and investment?), you might want to consider a heat source to keep cocoa butter flowing through the airbrush.  There is a lot of info on that, and I think each of us might have his or her own favorite device.  So if you find yourself becoming frustrated by how often you have to heat up the brush, get back in touch. 

I have this melter https://www.tcfsales.com/products/248-chocolate-melter-6kg-mol-dart/ and a heat gun. Would the melter work or would it heat the gun disproportionately on one side? If so, I can always put it on a towel in the oven on proof setting with the air circulating to heat it evenly...