• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

huiray

huiray

19 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

and I add crushed red pepper

Skyline and other parlors have their "signature" (or otherwise) hot sauces. I mentioned it in the original post above. Many (if not most) people put it on their Cincy chili. I do it sometimes, sometimes not, sometimes interspersing chugs of it onto portions alternating with no-hot-sauce portions. At this last meal (above) a guy at the next table was lacing his plate of what looked like a 4-way too with COPIOUS amounts of Skyline Hot Sauce. Heh. As I was leaving I took note of his wiping the heavy sweat off his face. :-) 

huiray

huiray

18 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

and I add crushed red pepper

Skyline and other parlors have their "signature" (or otherwise) hot sauces. I mentioned it in the original post above. Many (if not most) people put it on their Cincy chili. I do it sometimes, sometimes not, sometimes interspersing chugs of it onto portions alternating with no-hot-sauce portions. At this last meal (above) a guy at the next table was lacing his plate of what looked like a 4-way too with COPIOUS amounts of Skyline Hot Sauce. Heh. As I was leaving I took note of his wiping the heavy sweat off his face. :-)