• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

huiray

huiray

On 2/20/2016 at 7:13 PM, IndyRob said:

Thank you bon appetit ( and, um, Hipsters, I guess :wink:)...

http://www.bonappetit.com/entertaining-style/pop-culture/article/brooklyn-is-everywhere

I have mixed feelings about this article. I am glad that it points out that there is good food to be had in Indy, but am concerned that it concentrates on Hipsterdom and Brooklynomism, from the viewpoint of a Noo Yawker, so to speak. (Full disclosure: I did live in the Greater NY region for many years)  It does not mention nor consider the other facets of dining in Indy, although it made passing references to A FEW places OUTSIDE of Fountain Square. (I've resisted posting about "American Dining" places in Fountain Square, on the whole, because of this Hipsterdomness thang that I might contribute to if I did, although I've bought stuff from places there too on a regular basis; plus, the "ethnic" options available there aren't addressed anyway - Peruvian, Thai, etc) But hey, it isn't as if it is a verboten subject so --- have at it.

By the same token, thanks for posting this, IndyRob. It is a useful and nice article to read notwithstanding my caveats above.

huiray

huiray

http://www.bonappetit.com/entertaining-style/pop-culture/article/brooklyn-is-everywhere

I have mixed feelings about this article. I am glad that it points out that there is good food to be had in Indy, but am concerned that it concentrates on Hipsterdom and Brooklynomism, from the viewpoint of a Noo Yawker, so to speak. (Full disclosure: I did live in the Greater NY region for many years)  It does not mention nor consider the other facets of dining in Indy, although it made passing references to A FEW places OUTSIDE of Fountain Square. (I've resisted posting about "American Dining" places in Fountain Square, on the whole, because of this Hipsterdomness thang that I might contribute to if I did...) But hey, it isn't as if it is a verboten subject so --- have at it.

By the same token, thanks for posting this, IndyRob. It is a useful and nice article to read notwithstanding my caveats above.

huiray

huiray

I have mixed feelings about this article. I am glad that it points out that there is good food to be had in Indy, but am concerned that it concentrates on Hipsterdom and Brooklynomism, from the viewpoint of a Noo Yawker, so to speak. (Full disclosure: I did live in the Greater NY region for many years)  It does not mention nor consider the other facets of dining in Indy, although it made passing references to A FEW places OUTSIDE of Fountain Square. (I've resisted posting about "American Dining" places in Fountain Square, on the whole, because of this Hipsterdomness thang that I might contribute to if I did...) But hey, it isn't as if it is a verboten subject so --- have at it.

By the same token, thanks for posting this, IndyRob. It is a useful article to read notwithstanding my caveats above.

huiray

huiray