• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Hot Chocolate in Philadelphia

adamru

I was looking for a place, preferably sit down, that does cocoa very well and I'd read in last year's Best of Philly issue of Philadelphia Magazine that Yann Patisserie was the best but it has since closed down. Anywhere else worth trying? I don't know if that's an odd request but NYC has at least a dozen good options.

Yea, Ritz Carlton has had a chocolate bar buffet for a while.

I'm wondering if more places opened that served really good hot chocolate, raising the profile of it, would that help Ritz keep it open longer?

Thus far, we haven't got on the fancy hot chocolate kick like NYC.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

The "Chocolate Five Ways" dessert at Amada features a shot glass of the most delicious Hot White Cocoa I could have imagined. Except I didn't, until I tasted it.

Awesome stuff.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

If you need a home fix, this is my go-to stuff. Potent and sinful. Nothing better when its cold out.. in a demitasse...... ooh yeah. I like the dark myself. Its not hot cocoa but the european style hot chocolate "mud". Last year I did a taste test of Jacques torres, mariebelle and La Maison du Chocolat. A few pounds (of flab) later, this was my personal preference.

http://www.mariebelle.com/category.cfm?showCategoryID=11

Evan

Dough can sense fear.