• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

That was a problem with those old Mirros.  I had three teens using the ones I had and the tops wouldn't stay on

so I drilled holes in each side and use little 1/4 inch sheet metal screws to hold them on, starting with the smallest I could find. After a while the soft aluminum would enlarge so I would go to a larger diameter screw.

This worked just fine for the few year the kids wanted to do that. The things are cheap but they do the job.

I haven't made press cookies for a few years but I still have several presses.

The last time I used a cordless, battery operated one.

andiesenji

andiesenji

That was a problem with those old Mirros.  I had three teens using the ones I had and the tops wouldn't stay on

so I drilled holes in each side and use little 1/4 inch sheet metal screws to hold them on, starting with the smallest I could find. After a while the soft aluminum would enlarge so I would go to a larger diameter screw.

This worked just fine. The things are cheap but they do the job.

I haven't made press cookies for a few years but I still have several presses.

The last time I used a cordless, battery operated one.