• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

Googled Fat Boy

2 hours ago, Toliver said:

Can you find Tillamook brand ice cream (click) there? 

I'm impressed with their take on different flavors. Their "Oregon Strawberry" was refreshing and tasty. I've also tried their "Udderly Chocolate" and, while it didn't knock my socks off, it was still very good.

Thanks for giving us your taste-test results!

I've only(fairly recently) had Oregon Strawberry in Tillamook's ice cream sandwiches, and I've also had Tillamook's vanilla ice cream sandwiches.  I thought the ice cream was pretty good, but I wasn't as fond of their sandwich as a whole.  They use a waffle cone type wafer that tastes okay but is too hard and causes the sandwich to fragment and pushes the ice cream out from between the wafers when you eat it.

Strawberry is one of my two favorite ice cream flavors(the other being chocolate.) I don't eat ice cream as often as I used to, but I'm sure I'll eventually get around to trying more Tillamook ice cream.  

Haagen Dazs Strawberry and Haagen Dazs Chocolate are my usual purchases, and occasionally Haagen Dazs Dulce le Leche, but I've been on an ice cream sandwich kick for a while when buying ice cream.

Sandwich favorites are Fat Boy Vanilla(don't know if they make anything but vanilla) and Klondike Oreo.  I like the wafer of Skinny Cow, but the low fat ice cream lets it down.

Just googled Fat Boy, and it looks like they make many flavors of ice cream sandwiches.  I'll have to check them out if my supermarket carries them.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

1 hour ago, Toliver said:

I'm impressed with their take on different flavors. Their "Oregon Strawberry" was refreshing and tasty. I've also tried their "Udderly Chocolate" and, while it didn't knock my socks off, it was still very good.

I've only(fairly recently) had Oregon Strawberry in Tillamook's ice cream sandwiches, and I've also had Tillamook's vanilla ice cream sandwiches.  I thought the ice cream was pretty good, but I wasn't as fond of their sandwich as a whole.  They use a waffle cone type wafer that tastes okay but is too hard and causes the sandwich to fragment and pushes the ice cream out from between the wafers when you eat it.

Strawberry is one of my two favorite ice cream flavors(the other being chocolate.) I don't eat ice cream as often as I used to, but I'm sure I'll eventually get around to trying more Tillamook ice cream.  

Haagen Dazs Strawberry and Haagen Dazs Chocolate are my usual purchases, and occasionally Haagen Dazs Dulce le Leche, but I've been on an ice cream sandwich kick for a while when buying ice cream.

Sandwich favorites are Fat Boy Vanilla(don't know if they make anything but vanilla) and Klondike Oreo.  I like the wafer of Skinny Cow, but the low fat ice cream lets it down.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

1 hour ago, Toliver said:

Haagen Daz Strawberry and Haagen Daz Chocolate are my usual purchases, and occasionally Haagen Daz Dulce le Leche, but I've been on an ice cream sandwich kick for a while when buying ice cream.