• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

Falastin - great book I agree. As to your crud fish experience - interesting. I've never had that diapointment whether fresh or frozen except with some very large squid the guys brought back from  Mexico.My Vietnamese friemd was so excited to cook me a traditional dish with pineapple. OMG - the texture was awful.We double bag trashed it! Yet a wife of another guy luiked it but she battered and deep fried it.  Def would not have cooked your "tough" fish further. I wonder between the delivery experience from the seller to your home and the travels - careful as you may be ????  With boring fish like pollock I'll do chowder but add another more flavorful item (smoked porky stuff). At least you know what the boundaries of enjoyment and taste are for DH - some things are immutable ')

heidih

heidih

Falastin - great book I agree. As to your crud fish experience - interesting. I;ve never had that duapointemt wjether fresh oir frozen. Def would not have cooked it further. I wonder between the delivery experience from the seller to your home and the travels - careful as you may be ????  With borinng fish like pollock I'll do chowder but add another more flavorful item (smoked porky stuff). At least you know what the boundaries of enjoyment andtaste are for DH - some things are immutable ')