• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Updated the post

38 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@Smithy In southern California the Anaheim chili is the chili of choice. Chili Rellenos are something that I've never had any interest in making at home. Here in Bullhead City there are several non-chain Mexican restaurants; I'll have to start trying some of them.

Thanks for that information about the chiles.

I hope you can find some good restaurants at Bullhead City, and that some of them make good chiles rellenos (if you like them). Let us know what you find out!

I was going to recommend a place in Needles, near the Rio del Sol Inn, for when you started branching out from your new home, but it appears to have gone away. Too bad. Juicy's Riverfront Cafe (I think it was called) was our preferred place for dinner and breakfast when we stopped in Needles and stayed overnight. That was a few years ago, though. I can't find them listed anywhere now, but if you should gt up that way and find them I recommend them.

Edited to add: the last Tripadvisor notices I can find for Juicy's are from 2013. I think they must have changed names (and ownership) since then.

Smithy

Smithy

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@Smithy In southern California the Anaheim chili is the chili of choice. Chili Rellenos are something that I've never had any interest in making at home. Here in Bullhead City there are several non-chain Mexican restaurants; I'll have to start trying some of them.

Thanks for that information about the chiles.

I hope you can find some good restaurants at Bullhead City, and that some of them make good chiles rellenos (if you like them). Let us know what you find out!

I was going to recommend a place in Needles, near the Rio del Sol Inn, for when you started branching out from your new home, but it appears to have gone away. Too bad. Juice's Riverside Cafe (I think it was called) was our preferred place for dinner and breakfast when we stopped in Needles and stayed overnight. That was a few years ago, though. I can't find them listed anywhere now, but if you should gt up that way and find them I recommend them.