• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Clarified "it"

39 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Pickles and their juices?  Reminds of of Salade Russe a bit (but only).

I still haven't heard back from Antonia and her friend, but a few links I checked out elsewhere on the internet said that peas, grated carrots and grated onions are characteristic of Slovakian potato salad. The unusual seasoning wasn't as evident in the leftovers, but I could detect mustard. It wasn't as sweet as many American potato salads, but it didn't have dill pickle either.

Smithy

Smithy

26 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Pickles and their juices?  Reminds of of Salade Russe a bit (but only).

I still haven't heard back from Antonia and her friend, but a few links I checked out elsewhere on the internet said that peas, grated carrots and grated onions are characteristic of it. The unusual seasoning wasn't as evident in the leftovers, but I could detect mustard. It wasn't as sweet as many American potato salads, but it didn't have dill pickle either.