• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Explained the joke

The place we go to dump our holding tanks was originally a small store and community to serve a nearby gold mine. It's quirky and fun, and the grounds are loaded with artifacts found in the desert from the mining operations or, later, General Patton's training exercises. Their store is limited now to treats like ice cream bars. It's been a bit cool for ice cream, but I want to share this bit of culinary history / humor with you:

20230223_121713.jpg

(It's part of a still.)

Smithy

Smithy

Explained the joke

The place we go to dump our holding tanks was originally a small store and community to serve a nearby gold mine. It's quirky and fun, and the grounds are loaded with artifacts found in the desert from the mining operations or, later, General Patton's training exercises. Their store is limited now to treats like ice cream bars. It's been a bit cool for ice cream, but I want to share this bit of culinary history / humor with you:

20230223_121713.jpg

(It's part of a still.)

Smithy

Smithy

20230223_121713.jpg