• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

spelling

Today's dinner: a salad made of vegetables that needed to escape the refrigerator (the last of the cabbage and green onions; much of the washed lettuce hanging out; leftovers from last night) plus fresh and chopped tomatoes. Last night's shrimp were reheated. Our usual salad dressings were added. Much to my surprise, he liked the "Bang-bang sauce" from last night's dinner. The real issue from last night's dinner disappointment seems to have been that that last night's fried shrimp didn't meet his expectations; everything else seems to have been good. "Don't get rid of that (bang-bang) sauce!" he said. 🤷‍♀️

The few leftovers, after tonight's dinner, are tucked away in separate containers. For myself, I'm delighting in the marriage of my usual lemon vinaigrette salad dressing with this bang-bang sauce. Here's my dinner:

20230222_192855.jpg

Man, that bangs. Delightfully!

Smithy

Smithy

Today's dinner: a salad made of vegetables that needed to escape the refrigerator (the last of the cabbage and green onions; much of the washed lettuce hanging out; leftovers from last night) plus fresh and chopped tomatoes. Last night's shrimp were reheated. Our usual salad dressings were added. Much to my surprise, he liked the "Bang-bang sauce" from last night's dinner. The real issue from last night's dinner disappointment seems to have been that that last night's fried shrimp didn't meet his expectiations; everything else seems to have been good. "Don't get rid of that (bang-bang) sauce!" he said. 🤷‍♀️

The few leftovers, after tonight's dinner, are tucked away in separate containers. For myself, I'm delighting in the marriage of my usual lemon vinaigrette salad dressing with this bang-bang sauce. Here's my dinner:

20230222_192855.jpg

Man, that bangs. Delightfully!