• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

24 minutes ago, Smithy said:

So: if you were to make a baked potato casserole with bacon, mayonnaise, sour cream and cheddar cheese, how would you go about it?

I think the big question is type of potato and whether you pre-cook the potatoes before baking the casserole? I think I would pre-cook. Maybe like this recipe, for Fully-Loaded Twice-Baked Potato Casserole Though I have not tried it, it does sounds like what you are trying to achieve. What is the mouth feel of the dish you had? What texture did the potatoes have? 

FauxPas

FauxPas

21 minutes ago, Smithy said:

So: if you were to make a baked potato casserole with bacon, mayonnaise, sour cream and cheddar cheese, how would you go about it?

I think the big question is type of potato and whether you pre-cook the potatoes before baking the casserole? I think I would pre-cook. Maybe like this recipe, for Fully-Loaded Twice-Baked Potato Casserole? Though I have not tried it, it sounds like what you are trying to achieve, perhaps? What is the mouth feel of the dish you had? What texture did the potatoes have?