• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

14 hours ago, Darienne said:

We thought some years ago about moving to Alberta and were warned to make certain that we did not move to somewhere where the wind blew constantly. 

Decades ago I made a field service call to a small town about 1/2 way between Calgary and Edmonton in March. I had to be out-of-doors part of the day. I remember the wind, and when snow was falling it was being blown parallel to the ground. Not the sort of weather a Southern California guy is used to.

ETA: The people who worked at the plant admitted that it was cold that day.

Porthos

Porthos

10 hours ago, Darienne said:

We thought some years ago about moving to Alberta and were warned to make certain that we did not move to somewhere where the wind blew constantly. 

Decades ago I made a field service call to a small town about 1/2 way between Calgary and Edmonton in March. I had to be out-of-doors part of the day. I remember the wind, and when snow was falling it was being blown parallel to the ground. Not the sort of weather a Southern California guy is used to.