• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

2 hours ago, chromedome said:

Yeah, conditioning is a wonderful thing.

One night last week I made Ukrainian-style cheese-filled crepes for my GF, who'd acquired a taste for them while living in Alberta. As I was getting the meal ready she looked at the casserole dish, with its egg-rich crepes stuffed to bursting with cheese and smothered in a sauce of cream and even more cheese ('cause that's how she likes 'em), and asked - with utterly no self-consciousness or irony - "What are we having with it for a protein?"

Sounds like Ed...who knows that many ingredients count as proteins...but still wants 'meat'.  Because only 'meat' contains real(?) proteins?  Who knows.  You're right...conditioning.  

Darienne

Darienne

50 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Yeah, conditioning is a wonderful thing.

One night last week I made Ukrainian-style cheese-filled crepes for my GF, who'd acquired a taste for them while living in Alberta. As I was getting the meal ready she looked at the casserole dish, with its egg-rich crepes stuffed to bursting with cheese and smothered in a sauce of cream and even more cheese ('cause that's how she likes 'em), and asked - with utterly no self-consciousness or irony - "What are we having with it for a protein?"

Sounds like Ed...who knows that many ingredients count as proteins...but still want 'meat'.  Because only 'meat' contains real(?) proteins?  Who knows.  You're right...conditioning.