• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Updated, and added photo

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Sitting below the Cajon Pass we get truly high winds. In the past we've had up to 90 MPH gusts. Over the last couple of months we've had a lot of the winds that are strong enough to trigger a "Severe Weather Alert." The unfortunate part for us is that they have almost all involved Tuesdays, our trash collection day. You can't put out trash barrels on those days because the gusts knock over the barrels and sends the trash everywhere.

I bet you're getting it again today, another Tuesday. There are whitecaps on the Salton Sea now because of the wind shift and the still-strong winds. Since I shot these pictures an hour or so ago, the wind has come up even more. There's spray blowing off the waves. We are sitting captive, waiting for the replacement part for our generator that was supposed to have been picked up yesterday afternoon and installed forthwith this morning. (Time now 10:50.) At least it's a pretty day, if blustery, but we'd like to be on our way.

20200204_104052.jpg

This morning I finished my yogurt, along with flax, some grapes, avocado and a tangelo. I am quite tired of yogurt by now. It's time to take a break from it and think of another easy, fairly low-cal breakfast.

Smithy

Smithy

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Sitting below the Cajon Pass we get truly high winds. In the past we've had up to 90 MPH gusts. Over the last couple of months we've had a lot of the winds that are strong enough to trigger a "Severe Weather Alert." The unfortunate part for us is that they have almost all involved Tuesdays, our trash collection day. You can't put out trash barrels on those days because the gusts knock over the barrels and sends the trash everywhere.

I bet you're getting it again today, another Tuesday. There are whitecaps on the Salton Sea now because of the wind shift and the still-strong winds. I'll add a picture later.

Right now I'm having the last of my yogurt, with flax, some grapes, avocado and tangelo. I am quite tired of yogurt by now. It's time to take a break from it and think of another easy, fairly low-cal breakfast.