• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

suzilightning

suzilightning

43 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I'm sorry your trip was messed up.  I do hope sometime you manage to come hawk watching in September.  You know you'll have a place to stay!

As for new places and ideas: we may go to some new places, but haven't decided yet. I'm hoping for more in-depth exploration of the areas we visit, combined with exploring the bodacious cookbook collection I've acquired... and working out ways to adapt recipes to our weather conditions.  The foodstuffs on board are a hodgepodge of items we always stock (canned tuna, Zatarain's boxed rices, cheeses, and so on) and impulse buys that looked interesting and haven't been explored yet.  I could probably cook through the stock, without buying anything other than fresh vegetables and dairy, for most of the trip.  So far that realization has curtailed my impulse buys.  The discipline probably won't last. 

Thank you so much, Nancy.  Sorry I missed you a few years ago ......

Have you checked out Stillwater, OK; Ft. Huachuca, AZ; Texarkana, TX/AK; Corpus Christi, TX; Lake Havasu, AZ; Pawhuska, OK................

Next year HMANA  opens our headquarters in Detroit ......  anyone in MI send me ideas ....... can't wait to get back to the Midwest area.

suzilightning

suzilightning

36 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I'm sorry your trip was messed up.  I do hope sometime you manage to come hawk watching in September.  You know you'll have a place to stay!

As for new places and ideas: we may go to some new places, but haven't decided yet. I'm hoping for more in-depth exploration of the areas we visit, combined with exploring the bodacious cookbook collection I've acquired... and working out ways to adapt recipes to our weather conditions.  The foodstuffs on board are a hodgepodge of items we always stock (canned tuna, Zatarain's boxed rices, cheeses, and so on) and impulse buys that looked interesting and haven't been explored yet.  I could probably cook through the stock, without buying anything other than fresh vegetables and dairy, for most of the trip.  So far that realization has curtailed my impulse buys.  The discipline probably won't last. 

Thank you so much, Nancy.  Sorry I missed you a few years ago ......

Have you checked out Stillwater, OK; Ft. Huachuca, AZ; Texarkana, TX/AK; Corpus Christi, TX; Lake Havasu, AZ; Pawhuska, OK................