• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

I have the book which was a gift from someone who was kind enough to overestimate not only my culinary skills but my willingness to commit that much time and effort to one sub-recipe never mind one meal!   But it is a gorgeous book and there are various bits and pieces that I might at one time have attempted. Now I am perfectly happy to admire from afar. 

I do think it’s a great shame if there are errors in a book such as this which requires great expenditure for ingredients and enormous commitment from the brave. 

Anna N

Anna N

I have the book which was a gift from someone who was kind enough to overestimate not only my culinary skills but my willingness to commit that much time and effort to one sub-recipe never mind one meal!   But it is a gorgeous book and there are various bits and pieces that I might at one time have attempted. Now I am perfectly happy to admire 

from afar. 

I do think it’s a great shame if there are errors in a book such as this which requires great expenditure for ingredients and enormous commitment from the brave.