• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

renting wine glasses

mstillman

How many do you need? You can pick up a case of generic win glasses in one of the Bowery restaurant supply houses for under 30 bucks. I am not sure how much it costs to rent, but I would assume it would be in the same ballpark. Of course if you are dealing with needing 72 or more glasses, you probably don't have a place to store them afterwards.

John Deragon

foodblog 1 / 2

--

I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day -- Dean Martin

How many do you need?  You can pick up a case of generic win glasses in one of the Bowery restaurant supply houses for under 30 bucks.    I am not sure how much it costs to rent, but I would assume it would be in the same ballpark.  Of course if you are dealing with needing 72 or more glasses, you probably don't have a place to store them afterwards.

If buying is cheaper or equal to renting; Buy and tell everyone to keep them if you have no storage.

:raz:

Bruce Frigard

Quality control Taster, Château D'Eau Winery

"Free time is the engine of ingenuity, creativity and innovation"

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321