• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fleur de Sel Milk Jam

meredithla

I just realised that dulce de leche is milk jam. Why don't you try heating it up and seeing if it has the same consistency, then you could use it in crepes, on top of ice cream, in cheesecakes, etc.

I just realised that dulce de leche is milk jam. Why don't you try heating it up and seeing if it has the same consistency, then you could use it in crepes, on top of ice cream, in cheesecakes, etc.

I, too, was thinking as a sauce for ice cream, etc. Could I somehow incorporate it into a cake filling or frosting? In a brownie recipe, etc?

We buy this everytime we are in Fauchon, it's my husbands favorite! We spread it on toast for breakfast, it is soooooo good!

Edited to add that if you want to use it in a dessert we like to grill pinapple slices and then drizzle the milk jam over it (warm it first). It is easy and delicious and really complements the flavors.

Edited by little ms foodie (log)