• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

DougL

DougL

Well, OK, but there are a lot of posts online that says that bread flour should be OK. Also, I NEVER use cake flour for anything.

I'll use milk instead of sour cream and yogurt, but that won't be as acidic. Acidity is important if you're using baking soda, but not really

for baking powder. Your recipe calls for a very small amount of leavening, maybe half that of most recipes. I have a hard time

understanding how that contributes to fluffiness. I'd agree that a thicker batter may be the solution.

DougL

DougL

Well, OK, but there are a lot of posts online that says that bread flour should be OK. Also, I NEVER use cake flour for anything.

I'll use milk instead of sour cream and yogurt, but that won't be as acidic. Acidity is important if you're using baking soda, but not really

for baking powder. Your recipe calls for a very small amount of leavening, maybe half that of most recipes. I have a hard time

understanding how that contributes to fluffiness.