• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Wine Stores in Florida

mkjr

I will be driving down from the north to Florida to spend about 2 weeks later this summer. I will be staying in Orlando and Miami (perhaps Tampa). I was looking for advice on any good wine stores along the way. I know of the ABC off Michigan in Orlando which is pretty good and I hear the Wine Warehouse is also good. I am always looking and hope that I may get lucky in my searches and find a bottle of Raveneau, Lafon or some Behrens & Hitchcock. Many thanks in advance for your time.

officially left egullet....

In South Miami, go to Sunset Corners. Not the best part of town, but good prices on a great selection wines. In Coral Gables, look up Wolfe's wine shop on the Miracle Mile. Better neighborhood, but the shop also has Coral Gables pricing. The selection, however, is eclectic and made with care.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero