• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant in the 14th

Freckles

Hello. I'm organizing a girls' dinner -- 7 of us -- in May. We don't do restaurants that are too formal or expensive; we're not out to sample Michelin Stars. In the past, we've enjoyed restaurants like La Table des Oliviers (in the 17th), which I thought was good value for the money. Now, it's my turn to organize a dinner in the 14th. Where do you like to dine in that Arrondissement? Any suggestions very welcome. Thanks.

Hello.  I'm organizing a girls' dinner -- 7 of us -- in May.  We don't do restaurants that are too formal or expensive; we're not out to sample Michelin Stars.  In the past, we've enjoyed restaurants like La Table des Oliviers (in the 17th), which I thought was good value for the money.  Now, it's my turn to organize a dinner in the 14th.  Where do you like to dine in that Arrondissement?  Any suggestions very welcome.  Thanks.

Oh my so many choices: La Cerisaie, Le Bistrot du Dome, Regalade, I know, I know, I still think it's good even without Yves C.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Hello.  I'm organizing a girls' dinner -- 7 of us -- in May.  We don't do restaurants that are too formal or expensive; we're not out to sample Michelin Stars.  In the past, we've enjoyed restaurants like La Table des Oliviers (in the 17th), which I thought was good value for the money.  Now, it's my turn to organize a dinner in the 14th.  Where do you like to dine in that Arrondissement?  Any suggestions very welcome.  Thanks.

Oh my so many choices: La Cerisaie, Le Bistrot du Dome, Regalade, I know, I know, I still think it's good even without Yves C.

La Cerisaie is awfully small for a group dinner. 7 seats equals 1/4 to 1/3 of the entire room. Also, because it's so small, the noise level is low. A table of 7 would necessarily change the dynamics of the room. IMHO.

eGullet member #80.

Hello.  I'm organizing a girls' dinner -- 7 of us -- in May. 

La Cerisaie is awfully small for a group dinner.

Quite so, good thinking. Sorry. I was jumping at the opportunities. With that in mind, at Le Regalade you'd probably have difficulty communicating from one end to the other - so I'd go for the back no smoking space in the BdD; it's slightly isolated and allows discussion.

John Talbott

As it turns out, only 4 or -- at most -- 5 of us will be able to come. So, I made a reservation for La Ceraisier (or however you spell it). Will let you know what we think of it! Thanks for the input. -- Freckles

La Cerisaie is a wonderful choice. I browsed at the menu last saturday and you won't believe some of their offerings. It is a fabulousvalue. (And my favorite Monoprix which is strangely caleed IMO is across the street).

Paris is a mood...a longing you didn't know you had, until it was answered.

-An American in Paris

I read a report that La Cerisaie is a no smoking restaurant. Does anyone know if that's accurate?

Edited to add another question: Do they take reservations? There seem to be conflicting reports.

Edited by Carlsbad (log)

I read a report that La Cerisaie is a no smoking restaurant.  Does anyone know if that's accurate?

Edited to add another question:  Do they take reservations?  There seem to be conflicting reports.

Yes Yes

It is too small to have smoking and one MUST have a reservation; I've seen folks turned away without one.

John Talbott

And I just made a reservation yesterday.  They asked that I called to confirm the day of, which seems reasonable seeing that our dinner is more than 3 weeks away...

You will love it! The food is really exceptional for the price.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com