• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Best" wine ever drunk.

jaybee

This particular event was more of Shanken Communications event - Joint Cigar Aficionado and Wine Spectator with tasting seminars, single malt tastings. We sponsored a few of our top customers for the weekend and someone got stuck as chaperone ... funny how that worked out...moving on

Most of the wine events are listed on the magazine. Go to the wine spectator website and check "Calendar of Events" Some of the biggest events are the charity auctions - pricey, but you get to meet and greet a lot of the winemakers. I don't think there are any hidden criteria for wrangling invites - most of the seminars and events are a package or a la carte if you desire. "First Cash - First Reserved"

PS - when you go to WS website - get the full access subscription. It's only like 30.00 but you have access to just every wine rating ever published and a weekly news letter for new releases and ratings.

"Best Wine Ever" always brings to mind a who and where. I attended a Wine Spectator event besieged with french verticals and Cult cabs...but....one bottle??? 1995 Penfold's Grange from my cellar that we took to our favorite little Sunday restaurant for us, the chef, the owner, and the bartender - good wine and good friends, that's what life's all about

I think I just got a little teary eyed...

At our millenium dinner, the Grange (I forget the year, fairly young) blew away the Bordeaux legends we brought. 1997 Harlan came in second.

beachfan