• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

EATING IN THE DARK

shelora

Table 21 is having sex.

Dinner and a free show. Now that's an evening. :laugh:

Just be sure to write a review of it for those of us here....

:cool:

Not looking for a cheap thrill.... not at all........ :blink:

sarah

Always take a good look at what you're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was. --Unknown

We used to live not far fom the Blinde Kuh in Zurich. This started out as a high concept restaurant along the lines that someone already mentioned (i.e. eating in pitch darkness was somehow intended to heighten the experience of taste - though this always struck me as extremely silly). We haven't eaten there in years, but the restaurant still exists and I am reliably informed that it is now doing a brisk trade with teenagers who are able to grope each other in the dark with impunity. From high concept to very low concept.

Andrew, it is in Total Darkness and apparently the servers wear night vision goggles  :blink: which I always thought was a little odd, but that's what they said.
Someone told me the wait staff at DV8 during this event uses Night Vision goggles to navigate their way around.

Apparently PaoPao sufffers from short term memory loss :laugh::wink::wink:

A.

That's what I get for speed reading ....doh! :laugh: