• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sushi Lounge

JohnnyH

So Orzo, one of only a handful of recommendable restaurants in Morristown, has cleared out. Very disappointing, but I blame it on bad location. Something called the Sushi Lounge will apparently be the next tenant to give the address a shot.

I'd love a good sushi place nearby, but I'm not encouraged by the name. Anyone know anything about it? I think they have another location somewhere else in Jersey...

"All humans are out of their f*cking minds -- every single one of them."

-- Albert Ellis

Sushi Lounge is in Hoboken on Hudson and 2nd..or around thereabouts. It offers decent sushi, but you have to be into a scene. They have loud music, and a DJ there on some nights. Too loud to have a quiet evening chatting...it is a scene.

Sushi Lounge is in Hoboken on Hudson and 2nd..or around thereabouts.  It offers decent sushi, but you have to be into a scene.  They have loud music, and a DJ there on some nights.  Too loud to have a quiet evening chatting...it is a scene.

About what I figured. Damn.

-- Albert Ellis

Not familiar with Orzo...where in Motown is (was) it located?

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Now THAT'S funny...I see Schuyler Place and think of the old Green...house? OLD. That's me! :laugh:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

For good sushi have you tried Nagano?  It is across the intersection.

I have, and I think it's okay. The sushi itself is fairly run of the mill -- which isn't bad, just unimaginative. The room, though, depresses me. I always feel like I'm eating in someone's basement when I'm there.

-- Albert Ellis

• 3 weeks later...

Getting back to the Sushi Lounge topic: The star of the show there was a sushi chef by the name of Hendra. About a year ago he left, and we haven't been back. BUT Hendra opened his own restaurant named the Sushi House, on 155 First St (near Bloomfield I think) - and we couldn't be happier for him. I can't believe he remembered us, by name, after a year.

Lots of Asian People eating there - still a good indication in my book.

I haven't seen white tuna or fatty yellowtail on many sushi menus in the area (that won't require a second mortgage). Is it possible for a mouth to have an orgasm?

Two more great things about the place, aside from Hendra, they validate parking, and it's BYO!! The site has some more details.

www.sushihouseofhoboken.com