• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Starbucks McMuffin?

I haven't been to a Starbucks in awhile (for no reson other than Tully's makes great milshakes and I now make my own coffee at work) so this is news to me:

Starbucks servers breakfast

Are any of the Seattle outlets serving these sandwiches and are they any good (compared to McDonalds, not a Tom Douglas-type restaurant). :smile:

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

I haven't been to a Starbucks in awhile (for no reson other than Tully's makes great milshakes and I now make my own coffee at work) so this is news to me:

Starbucks servers breakfast

Are any of the Seattle outlets serving these sandwiches and are they any good (compared to McDonalds, not a Tom Douglas-type restaurant).  :smile:

As long as I can remember there have been sandwiches at Starbucks. [shrug]

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Are any of the Seattle outlets serving these sandwiches and are they any good (compared to McDonalds, not a Tom Douglas-type restaurant).  :smile:

The Sbux I frequent, at 4th and Seneca, has been serving the breakfast sandwiches for some time. I've had them a couple of times and they're very good, especially compared to Mickey D's. Apparently they're pre-made somewhere else and then put in their display case. If you order one, they nuke it for you. 3 or 4 different varieties as I recall. They're not cheap (can't recall the exact price) but they are tasty and substantial.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger.

- Mark Twain, 1835 - 1910

WS (admiral across from metropolitan market) has them too. haven't had them...but heard positive reports from others.

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

I haven't eaten one but I worked with a guy from Jan 2004 - June 2004 who ate one almost every working day for breakfast. I think they were about $4 each or so.

They didn't look horrible or anything - I just don't love precooked eggs so I never got one.

Stopped in to get my quarterly coffee drink the other day and discovered that the 'Bucks at 23rd and Jackson now serves Top Pot donuts. I really don't know whether that makes me happy or sad...

Guy behind the counter says they've had them since mid-January and they're selling well.

~A

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

Stopped in to get my quarterly coffee drink the other day and discovered that the 'Bucks at 23rd and Jackson now serves Top Pot donuts. I really don't know whether that makes me happy or sad...

Guy behind the counter says they've had them since mid-January and they're selling well.

~A

Nice to hear that at least one SBUX has given up the inedible Schwartz Bros. pastries. I never understood why so many people would pay $2 for a croissant that was obviously 2 days old.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

• 2 months later...

The hot breakfast sandwiches have just been introduced here in the DC area. I tried the "Florentine" and the one with ham and cheddar. Both were crispy on the outside, and warmed inside and most suprisingly the egg wasn't overcooked.

They were reasonably edible, not something I would go out of my way for, but if I needed something fast they're a decent option. They're not as well-contained as an egg McMuffin so be warned if you're scarfing it in the car.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

• 10 months later...

Bumping up this thread - Starbucks' test of breakfast sandwiches must have been successful because several local stores are adding them to the menu and there have been several mentions in the news both TV and radio.

Some of the stores that have drive-thru service have signs up that say they will be open at 5 a.m. (obviously for commuters) for drive-thru breakfast service.

There is a sign next to the freeway (14) indicating the off-ramp to take to get to the Palmdale store that is just off the freeway. They don't miss a trick!

Edited by andiesenji (log)

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett