• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Custom chocolate/candy packaging

Lysbeth

I have been looking for companies that will made custom boxes for chocolates/candies, just like the ones Jaqcues Torres, Norman Love, Robert Linxe etc. use. For some reason I am unable to find anything on-line that has been helpful. At this point I use stock gold foil boxes with printed ribbons, but I am ready to order my own packaging. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Lysbeth

Lysbeth

I have been looking for companies that will made custom boxes for chocolates/candies, just like the ones Jaqcues Torres, Norman Love, Robert Linxe etc. use. For some reason I am unable to find anything on-line that has been helpful. At this point I use stock gold foil boxes with printed ribbons, but I am ready to order my own packaging. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Lysbeth

Lysbeth,

I did a lot of research on this before I settled on a company. The company that I use is Benjamin Box out of Providence RI. They can produce a good box at a reasonable price. They have a toll free number 1-877-280-2500.My Webpage

Chris

Thanks, Lysbeth

Lysbeth:

I can second the recommendation of Benjamin Box in Providence that Christopher recommended. Good people, good products, and a number of other people recommend and use them, including Garrison Confections (Drew Shotts). I have heard that they can be a trifle slow, however, maybe Christopher can speak to his experience.

The Package Nakazawa link that nightscotsman provided is one that I've been looking for for a while (Thanks, Neil.) I've seen samples and the work is gorgeous. They'd be perfect for a semi-custom application using a stock box and your doing something special to make it your own - ribbons, stickers, emboss/deboss, etc. Heck, a standard box with a ribbon held down with sealing wax and a custom seal is very elegant and quite inexpensive at the same time. Nakazawa prices look very competitive especially if they are "all-in" and includes things like the candy pads.

Another option is a French company called Prime - some of their products (as well as others) are available through Chocolat-Chocolat in Canada. Prices seem high but they are in Canadian dollars and volume discounts are probably available. Semi-custom is the way to go here, too.

:Clay

Clay Gordon

president, pureorigin

editor/publisher www.chocophile.com

founder, New World Chocolate Society

Neil,

I saw Nakazawa's products at the NRA show in Chicago a long time ago. I marveled at their cake boxes for weeks (they handed out samples). I don't remember seeing chocolate boxes at the time, but they do look nice and their prices seem very reasonable. Another great option.

Thanks!

Lysbeth

• 10 months later...
Package Nakazawa Co. does some beautiful stuff, both off-the-shelf and custom. They are based in Japan, but have offices in LA. Their web address is: http://packagenakazawa.web.infoseek.co.jp/

Did Nakazawa go out of business? I am unable to find their link. I am looking for nice boxes but they don't need to be custom made.... Something that can hold between 12 and 15 molded and dipped chocolates and truffles?