• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

dinner near RIBA or Regents Park

Am looking for a decent, affordable place to eat -anything -near the Royal Institute of British Architects on Portland Place (a couple of blocks from Regents Park tube, parallel to Great Portland Street). I don't know this 'hood at all ! Any ideas?

Magnolia - there are lots of places - you're near Marylebone High St so there's Providores wine bar to consider, there's Villandry on Gt Portland St, and there's The Firevault in Gt Titchfield St (great fireplaces too!) - all capable of being pretty good value - and there's a Strada in Market Place not too far away for good pizza. I had good food but slow service at Mash on Gt Portland Street a while ago.

Magnolia - there are lots of places - you're near Marylebone High St so there's Providores wine bar to consider, there's Villandry on Gt Portland St, and there's The Firevault in Gt Titchfield St (great fireplaces too!) - all capable of being pretty good value - and there's a Strada in Market Place not too far away for good pizza.  I had good food but slow service at Mash on Gt Portland Street a while ago.

Thanks PSB - this Firevault place looks very intriguing, just the place to to get *really* trashed after a full day of wine tastings. However...I could use your insight about the prices, I've had a look in their website & the sample menu doesn't contain any. Would love your take on how much dinner for 2 (without wine) might cost?

Magnolia - there are lots of places - you're near Marylebone High St so there's Providores wine bar to consider, there's Villandry on Gt Portland St, and there's The Firevault in Gt Titchfield St (great fireplaces too!) - all capable of being pretty good value - and there's a Strada in Market Place not too far away for good pizza.  I had good food but slow service at Mash on Gt Portland Street a while ago.

Thanks PSB - this Firevault place looks very intriguing, just the place to to get *really* trashed after a full day of wine tastings. However...I could use your insight about the prices, I've had a look in their website & the sample menu doesn't contain any. Would love your take on how much dinner for 2 (without wine) might cost?

I suspect that we may bump into each other over the next couple of weeks.

slacker,

Padstow, Cornwall