• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

(SEA) Really really good caramels

I'm looking for really great homemade caramels, sort of homemade style preferable. Also, great brittle---cashew, pecan, peanut as a last resort. thanks!

Of you happen to be at U-Village a friend of the owner of Univesity Framing and Gallery made some caramels for sale that are heavenly. They're a little pricey at $6.50 for a small bag but oh so good.

Rocky

On Queen Anne there is a shop across from Blockbuster- a little gourmet shop Le Cadeaux Gourmet (I think) they have the most amazing salt carmels. I crave them!!

How much are the caramels there? Are they sold as singles or in packages?

There was a woman selling good hand-made caramels at the Ballard farmer's market back in the Fall. I think they were called Beth's Caramels. I haven't been recently so I can't promise she's still there, but if so she's worth a visit. I also saw her caramels at one of the local grocery stores; maybe Ballard, maybe Central? sorry I can't recall for certain...

Lavender caramels = yumm!

Eden

Do you suffer from Acute Culinary Syndrome? Maybe it's time to get help...

fran's salt caramels (dark chocolate) are delicious. they can be purchased at Metropolitan markets (i'm sure at greater expense) if you don't want to go to U village or buy online. i eat them upside down so the salt hits my tongue right away. splendid.

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

geez, had i had a chance to read egullet while in Brittany last week I would have loaded my rollaboard with caramels and sold them to you at cost. :biggrin:

I love fran's caramels, though i prefer them natural, the chocolate sort of detracts from the buttery goodness.

I'm going to try and duplicate roellinger's caramels avec fruits sec (basically caramels with toasted almonds), they were yummy.

lalala

I have a relatively uninteresting life unless you like travel and food. Read more about it here.