• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant l'Ecurie in Paris

vedette

Can somebody tell me whether l'Ecurie is open on Saturdays or Sundays?

There are several restaurants around France with this name, but I assume:

- Restaurant l'Ecurie, 68 av. Charles de Gaulle 95700 Roissy-en-France

tel: (0)1 34 29 85 28

Call 'em up.

Or l'Ecurie, 2 r Laplace, 5ième Arr. 01 46 33 68 49

The 2004 Michelin lists an Ecuries du Château in Dampierre-en-Yvelines, (a Paris suburb) but I suspect that's not the one you want. The one I noted above is not listed in Michelin, so I have no idea if they are open on weekends.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

Can somebody tell me whether l'Ecurie is open on Saturdays or Sundays?

There are several restaurants around France with this name, but I assume:

- Restaurant l'Ecurie, 68 av. Charles de Gaulle 95700 Roissy-en-France

tel: (0)1 34 29 85 28

Call 'em up.

Or email them at restaurantlecurie@minitel.net

I'd be interested in your experience if you eat there and you should post it on the thread started by Scotsaute. I'm always looking for places out there. Their website has a nice map too. I like their menu - e.g. ray with brie, but the fact that the prices are in francs means either that they've neglected to update it or it's out of business. In any case, let us know the followup.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

I like their menu - e.g. ray with brie, but the fact that the prices are in francs means either that they've neglected to update it or it's out of business.  In any case, let us know the followup.

If the web site shows prices in francs, I wouldn't count on the menu being up to date.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

• 2 weeks later...
No one has even speculated as to whether it might be my little favorite just around the corner from the Pantheon. Probably too down market.  :sad:

I posted:
Is that not the one?

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

No one has even speculated as to whether it might be my little favorite just around the corner from the Pantheon. Probably too down market.  :sad:

I posted:
Is that not the one?

My apologies. I read it carelessly. The address I know is 58, rue de la Montagne Ste-Geneviève. It's at the corner of the two streets.

John Whiting, London

Whitings Writings

Top Google/MSN hit for Paris Bistros

I posted:
Is that not the one?

I ate there December 27, 2004 and it was lame. It was charming inside and they give you a complimentary shot glass of sugary sangria (ick); the duck liver terrine was just a store-bought slab, the 'potato baked in the cinders' was a plain ole' baked potato (nothing wrong with that, but as an appetizer?) My steak was ok and the well-cooked fries that I asked for were still pale, and when we left the grill was virtually on fire, with flames enveloping the meat that was roasting on there. (My Parisian dining companion said "mauvaise pour le sante", aka, "bad for your health"). The meal was fair, at best. The night was saved (it was my birthday) by walking to the I'le St. Louie for some always-fabulous Berthillon caramel and chocolate ice creams.

Then in the middle of the night my dining companion got up and was violently ill. He'd had the lamb chops.

People in the past told us Ecurie was good, and the dining room does have a lot of charm, but I tossed their card out the next morning.

Edited by David Lebovitz (log)