• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jancis Robinson reviews the wine movies

Carolyn Tillie

Yep, there are two movies out now dealing with wine. Sideways and Mondovino.

Get her take here.

I'm still waiting for Sideways to show up at the cute, renovated Sonoma theatre but may have to <gulp> go and see it here in Napa (crappy, old theatre that NEEDS renovation). Mondovino is the one that holds more interest for me but I guess that won't be around for another few weeks.

he suspected many vignerons of resorting to fraud in order to impress the powerful American wine critic Robert Parker (who appears in the film but not quite as memorably as his flatulent bulldog).

From Jancis Robinson's review--this is the moment I will be waiting for. :laugh:

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

i want to know how parker's puppy compares to shaw's momo in that regard :laugh:

can't wait till either makes it to the hinterlands of nw nj and i don't care what the theatre is like

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites