• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thank You for a Great Trip!

This isn't a question - more of a gush. :wub:

Eating in Italy was our primary tour guide on our trip to Italy almost four years ago. From our porcetta sandwich at the Greve in Chianti market, to our luscious dinner at Arnolfo in Colle Val d'Elsa, we followed your recommendations almost religiously, and were thrilled at every turn.

I just read your response to why you choose Florence as your home base, in which you mentioned Cibreo as one of your favorites. Cibreo will forever hold a special place in our hearts. We ate there (on your recommendation of course), imbibed way too much wine, and nine months later welcomed our daughter into the world. You can see her in my avatar, happily eating mussels at an Italian restaurant.

So, no question from me at this point, but I just had to share my sincere thanks.

Danielle Altshuler Wiley

a.k.a. Foodmomiac

Ciao Danielle

You made my day! Contact me through my web-site, www.faithwillinger.com before your next trip and I'll fill you in on any updates for the area you'll be traveling in.

a presto

Faith

PS Bad news. Giovanni, the porchetta sandwich guy at the Greve market, died.

This isn't a question - more of a gush.  :wub:

Eating in Italy was our primary tour guide on our trip to Italy almost four years ago. From our porcetta sandwich at the Greve in Chianti market, to our luscious dinner at Arnolfo in Colle Val d'Elsa, we followed your recommendations almost religiously, and were thrilled at every turn.

I just read your response to why you choose Florence as your home base, in which you mentioned Cibreo as one of your favorites. Cibreo will forever hold a special place in our hearts. We ate there (on your recommendation of course), imbibed way too much wine, and nine months later welcomed our daughter into the world. You can see her in my avatar, happily eating mussels at an Italian restaurant.

So, no question from me at this point, but I just had to share my sincere thanks.