• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help/Recommendation for a cookware

Hello,

I have recently moved to London and had an unfortunate removal ... I can't find my Global knives and my non-stick pans :sad:

Could anyone recommend a shop in London where I could find these items (and possibly many more :smile: ). I'm not looking for the most "prestigious" shop but rather just for a restaurant supplier where individuals could get in, or something like that.

Many thanks in advance for any pointer :smile:

Cheers,

Mike

"Je préfère le vin d'ici à l'au-delà"

Francis Blanche

Jaeggi 77 Shaftesbury Avenue, phone 020 7434 4545 and Pages 121 Shaftesbury Avenue 020 7565 5959 are restaurant supply shops, right near each other.

Hansens 020 7 3516933 (also pro) is at 306 Fulham Rd in SW6 or 10, I forget which

You said you didn't want a fancy shop but in case you change your mind, Divertimenti on Marylebone High Street seems to keep many cooking types happy - as do the kitchenware depts. at John Lewis/Peter Jones and Selfridges, and JL/PJ will 'never knowingly be undersold' though I've never tested their policy...

So, when are you inviting all the London folks to your place for dinner? It's the traditional thing for the newest person to join the board to do this, you know.